A healthier alternative to hot chocolate!
If you're a chocolate lover looking for a healthier alternative that is still delicious, may i suggest this ceremonial grade cacao hot chocolate recipe.
Ceremonial-Grade Cacao is sourced from ethical and sustainable farms, and is often used in ceremonies and rituals for its powerful healing properties. And while it's traditionally consumed in its pure form, you can also use ceremonial grade cacao to make a delicious and healthy hot chocolate that's perfect for cozying up on a chilly day or something to switch up your morning coffee routine!
To make ceremonial grade cacao hot chocolate, you'll need a few key ingredients:
- 2 cups of milk (I prefer this with almond milk, or coconut milk).
- 30-40g of ceremonial grade cacao powder (for two cups)
- 2-3 tbsp of honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- A pinch of sea salt
- In a saucepan, heat the milk over a medium heat 2-3 minutes, whilst stiring occasionally.
- Add the ceremonial grade cacao, honey or maple syrup, cinnamon, and sea salt to the saucepan. Whisk the ingredients together until they are well combined and smooth 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the cacao hot chocolate into your favourite mug and enjoy!
This recipe makes about 2 servings, but you can easily adjust the quantities to make more or less. You can also experiment with different types of milk and sweeteners to find the combination that you like best.
For a richer and creamier hot chocolate, you can also add a splash of heavy cream or whipped cream on top. #Delicious.
One of the great things about using ceremonial grade cacao in your hot chocolate is that it provides a host of health benefits. Cacao is a rich source of antioxidants, which can help protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals. It's also high in magnesium, an essential mineral that can help reduce stress and promote relaxation. And because it's less processed than traditional cocoa powder, it retains more of its natural nutrients and flavour.
So the next time you're craving a warm and comforting drink, why not give ceremonial grade cacao hot chocolate a try? It's a delicious and nourishing way to indulge in your chocolate cravings, while also providing your body with a host of health benefits.
Let us know if you try this recipe and share your creations with us on Instagram, @GroundedCup