What is a Mindful Morning?
A mindful morning is about taking a few moments before your day to put yourself first and connect with self. It's an opportunity to set intentions, practice self-care, and foster a sense of calm and balance in your daily life.
What are the Benefits of a Mindful Morning?
By taking time for yourself in the morning, you're creating space to be present and grounded. It's an opportunity to connect with your inner self and set intentions for the day ahead. A morning routine that includes mindfulness practices can help to reduce stress and anxiety, increase focus and productivity, and even boost your immune system.
9 Ways to Create a Mindful Morning Practice:
- Make Your Ceremonial Cacao: Naturally we encourage including this, we find starting your morning ritual by preparing a cup of ceremonial cacao is a great way to remind you to get started for your morning practice. Remember to take the time to mindfully prepare it, and then sit down and sip it, taking in all of its rich flavours and the warm feeling it gives you.
- Stretch Your Body: Take a few minutes to stretch your body and release any tension or stiffness from sleeping. Even just a few stretches can help to wake up your muscles and energise your body.
- Journal Your Intentions: Write down your thoughts, goals, and aspirations for the day ahead. Use prompts like "What do I want to let go of from yesterday?" and "What do I want to call in today?" to help clear your mind, set intentions, and get in touch with your inner self.
- Meditate: Take a few moments to meditate and calm your mind. This can help you to focus and reduce stress, setting you up for a more productive and peaceful day.
- Have a Nutritious Breakfast: It's important to nourish your body with a nutritious breakfast. Whether it's a smoothie, some oatmeal, or a veggie-packed omelet, fueling your body with wholesome foods can help you to feel your best and give you the energy you need to take on the day.
Take a Mindful Walk: If you have the time, take a slow and intentional walk outside, ideally barefoot on the grass. This practice of grounding or earthing has been associated with numerous health benefits. It can help reduce inflammation, improve sleep quality, enhance mood and energy levels, promote better circulation, and support overall well-being. Connect with the earth's energy as you walk and allow yourself to feel a sense of grounding and inner balance.
Practice Gratitude: Take a few moments to reflect on the things in your life that you're grateful for. You can write them down in a gratitude journal or simply think about them in your mind.
Drink a Glass of Lemon Water: Drinking a glass of warm water with fresh lemon juice can help to detoxify your body and boost your immune system. It's a simple and refreshing way to start your day.
- Hug Yourself: last but not least, one of our favourites, practicing self-compassion is an essential part of a mindful morning routine. One way to show yourself some love is by giving yourself a hug. Hugging can release oxytocin, a hormone that helps us feel more connected, secure, and happy. It's a simple and powerful way to boost our mood and reduce stress. Take a few moments to hug yourself in front of a mirror, and express gratitude for all that you are and all that you do. This simple act of self-love and connection can set a positive tone for the day ahead.
Remember, you don't have to incorporate all of these practices into your mindful morning routine. You can choose the ones that resonate most with you and make them a daily habit. By finding what works best for you, you can set the tone for a more calm, centerd, and intentional way of living. Take note of how you feel throughout the day, and keep track of any changes you notice in your mood, energy levels, or overall well-being. With time and practice, you may be surprised at just how much of a positive impact a mindful morning can have on your life.