The new moon marks a special time for reflection, allowing us to center ourselves on new beginnings and fresh goals. For those who, like me, find solace in holding space for the new moon and setting intentions, incorporating a moment of intentionality becomes a cherished ritual.
In preparation for your new moon cacao ceremony, it's worthwhile to explore additions that can elevate the properties of your cacao, creating a richer and more profound experience. In this post, let's delve into a New Moon Cacao Recipe.
One particular herb intricately linked to new beginnings, intuition, and spiritual growth is mugwort. Revered across various cultures for its mystical properties, mugwort is believed to amplify dreams, enhance intuition, and foster inner reflection. Infusing a small amount of dried mugwort into your ceremonial cacao during the new moon becomes a symbolic gesture—a celebration of embracing the journey of self-discovery
New Moon Ceremonial Cacao Recipe
- 30-40g Ceremonial-grade cacao
- 1 Cup Hot water
- 1 teaspoon dried mugwort (adjust to taste)
- Sweetener of choice (optional)
- A dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Brew your ceremonial cacao with hot water on the stove top.
- Add 1 teaspoon of dried mugwort to the cacao.
- Stir well to combine. Whisk.
- If desired, add sweetener to taste.
- Optionally, sprinkle a dash of cinnamon for added flavour.
- Whilst making your cacao, give thanks to Mother Nature and prayer for those who make the drink possible.
Remember, mugwort is known for its strong flavour, so you may want to start with a small amount and adjust according to your taste preferences. As you sip your cacao infused with mugwort, focus on the energies of the new moon and the possibilities that come with fresh starts.
Then you will be ready for your ceremony, head to our New Moon Ceremony Guide here.